Master Locators, Inc. is one of the region’s fastest growing private underground utility locating & engineering companies. Our technicians don't simply "close tickets".
Excavation Technicians, working in teams of two, are responsible for the correct, safe and efficient locating of underground utilities including telecommunications, electric, power, cable TV, gas, water and sewer systems.
High Pressure air and water are used to dig on the utility until it is identified then a high suction vacuum is used to extract the soil from the holes. Techs then complete the necessary paperwork, and make a simple sketch of each location.
Applicants with an active CDL class A or B license will start at a higher rate of pay.
Our technicians work from company vehicles using state of the art equipment to ensure clear and complete vacuum excavation services for our customers.
This position requires you to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions. Overnight travel up to 20% is required and overtime and weekend work are required as needed. These are daytime, full time positions. Training will be provided. No industry experience is necessary.
EXCAVATION TECHNICIANS ARE PROVIDED:
100% paid training.
Company phone and equipment.
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance after 60 days.
Paid time off (PTO)
401K retirement plan with company match.
· Major objectives are the safety, quality, accuracy, thoroughness of your work.
· Placement of marks/markers within required distances using the proper marking device as per Master Locators’ requirements.
· Use circle, two-man, tracking or blind sweep methods in conductive or inductive modes to establish the existence and approximate horizontal alignment of buried utilities.
· Use and maintain Digital Locator and Split Box to ensure correct grounding has been achieved and the most effective frequency has been selected during utility locates.
· Proper operation and maintenance of all equipment.
· Effectively conduct all aspects of vacuum excavation services.
· Plan for, prepare and organize all needed equipment and supplies for vacuum projects.
· Inspect all vacuum equipment and perform needed maintenance and repairs or suggest when repairs need to be done using a vendor.
· Do all required documentation for vacuum projects.
· Utilize split box locator for basic outside scans.
· Ability to learn to competently utilize and maintain a Digital Locator, Split Box Locator, Vacuum Excavation equipment, Sewer snakes, Duct Rodders, hand digging tools, jackhammers, post hole diggers and tampers.
· Successfully complete Master Locators’ Field Assistant Certification program.
· Candidate must be able to be certified in each piece of equipment and be able to perform function tests to ensure equipment is operating effectively.
· Basic knowledge of theory of electromagnetic locating, circuits and frequency application.
· Basic understanding of conductor types and their effects on signal and signal strength.
· Ability to learn universal marking systems and field delineation color codes.
· Ability to use different types of marking devices and understand their proper application.
· Ability to learn industry symbols used to denote buried and above ground facilities.
· Able to learn to perform 2 – man, circle, tracking or blind sweeps.
· Average PC skills.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Good Mechanical ability.
· Willing to receive any training required to perform the job at an optimum level.
· Demonstrated team player.
· Very safety and quality conscious.
· Able to travel overnight up to 50% of the time.
· A valid driver’s license, good driving record and ability to safely operate company vehicles.
· CDL preferred.
· Able to lift up to 90 pounds to operate jackhammer up to 20% of their shift.
· Able to walk up to 2 miles per day occasionally.
· Able to stand up to 90% of their shift.
· Able to stoop, twist, bend and climb ladders up to 50% of their shift.
· Able to work in confined spaces up to 60% of their shift.
· Have 20-20 vision naturally or by using corrective lenses and be able to identify colors.
· Able to use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including hard hats, face shields, safety glasses, goggles, steel toed work boots, metatarsal guards, gloves, hearing protection, high visibility vests, protective Tyvek suits, flame retardant coveralls and any other PPE that may be required.
Master Locators, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/M/F/V/H. Our policy is to recruit and employ qualified persons without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time