Master Locators, Inc. is one of the region’s fastest growing private underground utility locating & engineering companies.
Locate Technicians are responsible for the correct, safe and efficient locating of underground utilities including telecommunications, electric, power, cable TV, gas, water and sewer systems.
This includes taking time to thoroughly search for underground utilities in an area, properly marking the location, completing the necessary paperwork, and making a sketch of each locate.
Our Locators work from company vehicles using state of the art equipment to ensure clear and complete utility mark-outs for our customers. This position requires you to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
We are currently hiring people who have the ability to work in the Concordville, PA area. These are daytime, full time positions.
LOCATE TECHNICIANS ARE PROVIDED WITH:
100% paid training.
Company Vehicle at the completion of training.
All vehicle expenses paid.
Company phone and equipment.
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance.
7 Paid holidays.
401K salary matching program.
Paid Time Off
· Use circle, two-man, tracking or blind sweep methods in conductive or inductive modes to establish the existence and approximate horizontal alignment of buried utilities.
· Placement of marks/markers within required distances using the proper marking device as per Master Locators’ requirements.
· Perform function tests to ensure equipment is operating effectively.
· Use knowledge of circuits and frequency application to correctly form location circuits.
· Use knowledge of conductors and their effects on signals to recognize causes of signal distortion.
· Use Digital Locator and Split Box to ensure correct grounding has been achieved and the most effective frequency has been selected during utility locates.
· Proper maintenance of all equipment.
· Operate sewer snakes, duct rodders, and VPI equipment when on sewer or sonde locates.
· Conduct all aspects of vacuum excavation services when needed.
· Assist with leak locating services.
· Meets all requirements and skills of a Field Assistant.
· Certified with each piece of equipment and able to do function tests and maintain a Digital Locator - Split Box Locator - Metal Detector - Rebar Locator - Vacuum Excavation - Sewer Snake - Sonde Locator - VPI equipment - Conquest GPR and Duct Rodders.
· Understanding of differing types of above ground and/or surface-accessible buried facilities with observation skills that enable them to identify visual evidence of on-site buried facilities.
· Ability to understand the nature and scope of work being undertaken and to select the best possible method to locate buried facilities using above ground observations and input from the customer.
· Identify proper isolation and or bonding/non-bonding procedures using above ground observations.
· Recognize different utility plant features (utility poles, pedestals, meters, covers, etc.) and right of ways.
· Recognize previous ground disturbances and where trench/excavation scars exist.
· Knowledge and understanding of safe work practices and emergency response requirements.
· Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local regulations pertaining to utility locating.
· Demonstrated documentation and mapping skills and ability to mark up as-built prints effectively.
· Ability to read and understand plot-plans or as-built drawings to identify and recognize the approximate location of buried utilities, utility identifiers, materials and construction descriptions.
· Demonstrated ability to provide detailed notes of work performed for customer reports.
· Demonstrated customer service skills.
· Communicate in an effective manner; including the ability to communicate technical aspects of the work to all involved parties.
· Team player who maintains positive working relationships with all parties involved.
· Ability to utilize EM, GPR, Magnetic and Acoustic geophysical techniques and Subsite, RD 4000, Shonestedt, Split Box, SmartCart, Conquest, Rebar Locator and Sonde equipment to locate and confirm designations of buried utilities.
· Ability to use problem solving techniques to make good decisions.
· Ability to overcome locating challenges including poor signal strength, signal distortion, ghosting, coupling, etc.
· Ability to perform accurate and thorough locates in a timely manner.
· Ability to work effectively with a Field Assistant and check the quality of their work.
· Able to coordinate pre-planning of jobs and assign tasks appropriately for efficiency.
· Shows leadership when working with and training others.
· Average knowledge of theory of electromagnetic locating, circuits and frequency application.
· Able to form a location circuit and recognize the cause and effects of signal distortion.
· Basic understanding of conductor types and their effects on signal and signal strength.
· Thorough understanding of universal marking systems and field delineation color codes.
· Ability to use different types of marking devices and understand their proper application.
· Capable of understanding industry symbols used to denote buried and above ground facilities.
· Able to perform 2 – man, circle, tracking or blind sweeps.
· Average PC skills.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Good Mechanical ability.
· Willing to receive any additional training required to perform the job at an optimum level.
· Very safety and quality conscious.
· Able to travel overnight up to 5% of the time.
· Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
· Able to walk up to 5 miles per day occasionally.
· Able to sit and stand up to 80% of their shift.
· Able to stoop, twist, bend and climb ladders up to 50% of their shift.
· Able to work in confined spaces up to 60% of their shift.
· Able to be fit tested and use a respirator when required.
· Have 20-20 vision naturally or by using corrective lenses and be able to identify colors.
· Able to use all required Personal Protective Equipment.
· A valid driver’s license, good driving record and ability to safely operate company vehicles.
Master Locators, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/M/F/V/H. Our policy is to recruit and employ qualified persons without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time